300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training : Announcing Susan Church
We are delighted to announce that Susan Church is part of our team of instructors at The elbowroom for our 2018 Advanced 300-hour Teacher Training course.
Advanced Embodied Anatomy and Asana Modules
Susan will be delivering a suite of modules with emphasis put on advancing your own personal asana practice and gaining a better understanding of how to teach your students. These modules will be broken down into specific areas of the body focusing on Asana for intermediate and experienced students:
- Yoga for the feet and legs
- Yoga for hips and the pelvis
- Yoga gives back – All about the spine
- The learning curve – core stability
- Shoulder girdle harmony
- Into the arms of Yoga – All about the arms
What will you learn?
- To identify abnormal patterns of movement, connective tissue restrictions within asana
- Learn how to observe, correct, adjust and recommend preposes
- Learn how to use yoga to increase flexibility and stability in each area
- Identify alignment principals for each group within a defined set of asana
- Be able to teach intermediate and advanced asana’s in each group
Yoga Therapy Module
Susan will teach an elective bespoke Yoga Therapy module to advance your Yoga to client base with one-to-one with clients with specific issues with an advanced module:
- Working with injuries
- Working with private clients
- Comprehensive student assessment
- Teaching to people with disease
- Creating a tailored plan
Exquisite sequencing module
Another elective you may select is Susan’s module on sequencing:
- Exquisite sequencing – where you learn to join and flow all your new asana and alignment repertoire – more to follow once you register your interest.
About Susan Church
With a personal practice of 20 years and with many years of extensive teaching practice, Susan brings a wealth of knowledge to her students. Susan is the lead instructor at The elbowroom’s foundation Yoga Teacher Training Course. With years of many successful graduates, she is now a key instructor with the 300 Hour Advanced Yoga Training Course.
After a decade of dance training, Susan studied Theatre at Trinity College Dublin in the late 1980’s and dance with the National Theatre Institute in Connecticut U.S.A. It was during this time that she received her first yoga training, along with Laban, Alexander method and many other forms of dance and movement. Although she eventually left the arts, she remained committed to yoga and Pilates.
In 1999 she completed her first yoga teacher training and a year later she qualified as a Pilates Instructor and massage therapist. She has completed teacher training courses and equipment certificates along with hundreds of master classes and workshops in Pilates and Yoga. Some schools attended are YTTC, Bodyfirm, Body Control, Stott, Balanced Body and Powerhouse.
Our course is structured in modules consisting of over 400 hours. From these 400 hours, there are primary modules which must be taken and a range of electives. Electives enable you to tailor the course for your practice. For more information contact our dedicated training coordinator, Moya Shields