5 Practically Ways Restorative Yoga Can Improve Your Life
So much of our lives revolve around the demands placed upon us and can leave us feeling stressed and anxious.
These stressors can lead to people becoming run down and fatigued. What restorative yoga gives you is a place to step away from these stresses and helps you develop techniques that help fight what life throws at you. The supportive and gentle postures that are performed in restorative yoga help us to cultivate a sense of deep relaxation. As we dive into the breath and our restorative yoga practice we find a place to slow down, calm the central nervous system, unwind and fall into a deep restful sleep.
Here’s 5 practically ways restorative yoga can improve your life and a helpful instructional video you can try from the comfort of your own home.
- Yoga has long been shown to decrease the stress hormone cortisol, which, in elevated levels, is associated with weight gain, high blood pressure, and heart disease.
- One of the most important factor to staying healthy during the winter months is getting a good nights rest. For anyone who feels they could do with a deeper sleep restorative yoga not only facilitates this but also helps to restore, rejuvenate and nourish a person who’s sleep deprived. Restorative poses can be practiced before going to bed to reduce the symptoms of sleeplessness or anytime you need to simply relax and let go.
- Restorative yoga is a wonderful practice when you are physically, emotionally or mentally tired.
- Everyone can do restorative yoga, including people who a little older, as well as people with injuries or illnesses.
- You can do restorative yoga poses at work or around the house, essentially anywhere, for 10 to 15 minutes! This is enough to help you renew and get on with the task in hand. Why not give it a try?
Here’s a short video that you can practice at home to get a taste of what’s in store at a restorative workshop.
Interested in restorative yoga? Sophia’s is teaching her restorative yoga workshop this Sunday the 17th July. If you’re looking to de-stress or just chill out out this is the perfect place to start.