Healthy eating for winter wellness
We firmly believe to eat well is to be well. We do our best to balance a little over-indulgence with lots of fresh healthy fruit and vegetables, wholesome nuts & grains.
The busy holiday season can take it’s toll on both body and mind and we all benefit from a little extra nurturing during these cold winter months to restore us back to health and vitality.
Our resident Naturopath Kevin Callan has designed a great workshop to help you put a nutritious healthy food plan together for the coming months. Run over two Thursday evenings you will learn all the basics to sustain a super healthy lifestyle.
- Cravings – Learn how to manage cravings and sustain energy during the dark evenings
- Super foods – Learn how to prepare and include foods that have been found to boost immunity so as to keep those pesky colds and flu’s at bay. Incorporate them into your diet to keep your immunity in tip top condition.
- Practical steps – This will be a hands-on course with food suggestions and information on why these foods are essential for healthy living.
- Sugar – Handy tricks on how to satisfy the sugar beast within without spiking blood sugar and sparking off cravings.
- Windy– Maximise digestion and help with symptoms like wind and bloating
- Stress much? – Learn how mindfulness helps to manage food cravings and helps boost immunity. Finish the day with a relaxing guided meditation.
Here’s three great recipes to tantalise the taste buds and inspire a healthy new you!
Cous cous burgers with corn, pine nuts & onion All packed with super foods to help look after your body’s every need.
Carmalised onion broth with chestnut mushrooms, kale & buckwheat noodles Super tasty winter warmer.
Baked Sweet Potato with slow cooked Smokey Beans. A simple and tasty supper packed with goodness.
Best of luck with your winter wellness! If you have any questions about your dietary requirements please email us with your inquiry or stop by Graze @ The elbowroom for a refreshing nutritious boost.