Here’s a delicious meal you could try tonight. Small bit of prep time. About 25 minutes but well worth it for a perfect Rolled Lasagne.
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 12 – ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 large leek, white part only, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 ounces low-fat mozzarella, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
How to put it together:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
Reserve 1 tablespoon pasta water.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium pot over medium-low heat. Add the garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes; cook 15 minutes. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of the goat cheese until combined. Set aside.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion; saute 3 minutes. Add the leek; cook 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms; cook 10 minutes. Add the asparagus; cook 3 minutes.
Turn heat off; add 1 1/2 tablespoons goat cheese and the mozzarella, reserved pasta water, nutmeg, salt and black pepper.
Add the mint and basil, reserving 1 teaspoon of each.
Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.
Spoon 1/2 cup vegetable mixture onto each noodle, roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.
Drizzle with remaining tomato sauce; crumble remaining goat cheese on top.
Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with the Parmesan and reserved mint and basil; serve.